What You will need:
- 4 Big, ripe mangoes
- Half a cup of basil syprup (method shown below)
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
To make 1 cup or 250ml of BASIL SYRUP:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 packed basil leaves, finely chopped
Bring sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan, then add
the chopped basil leaves and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Then pour this mixture into acup and place in the fridge
until it is cool.
Dont worry about the floating
basil leaves, do not drain these !
For the SORBET:
- Chill your sorbet container in the freezer before use.
- Dice up the ripe mango into small squares
- Make the basil syrup.
You will only need half of the
basil syrup you made.
- Combine all your ingredients except the zest and
blend until smooth. If you
want the sorbet to be sweeter-add more basil syrup !
- Stir the lemon zest into the blended mixture.
- Pour mixture into your chilled container and
pop in the freezer.
- Stir 5-6 times every hour. **NB
- Allow to freeze overnight or minimum 6 hours
until the sorbet is firm- although the sorbet will be soft.
... x x x ...